IT Help Desk Technician
Rubix has a need for an IT Help Desk Technician. The IT Help Desk Technician will provide technical assistance to multiple organization’s end users. Our help desk staff answers questions, troubleshoots computer software and hardware issues, trains customers on EMR use, and escalate tickets to level two support staff if needed. This is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; an IT Help Desk Technician may perform other duties as assigned or required for customer and internal projects. A candidate does not need to have an IT background for this position; Rubix can provide training for someone who is motivated and has a strong desire to learn with a focus on providing outstanding customer service.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Provide level one contact and problem resolution for customer issues reported to the Help desk by phone and ticketing system.
- Communication with customers on ticket status, updates and resolution.
- Train customers in use of multiple EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems (Rubix will provide training to help desk technician).
- Acknowledge and work on incoming Help Desk tickets, resolve or escalate to level two resources as needed.
- Update and maintain help desk documentation and knowledge base articles
- Communicate with multiple vendors to resolve issues when required.
- Continually update and improve our documentation of a customer environment.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Other functions as required by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong customer service experience with a desire to help resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in multiple customer environments.
- An ability to learn quickly and strong problem-solving skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft windows and office.
- An understanding of Active Directory account creation, Password resets, and other basic AD administration tasks is desired but not required.
- A completed or in-process associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Customer Service, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is desired.
- Previous EMR system experience is desired but not required.
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
Rubix Technology is an IT consulting company and provides end user equipment leasing, managed network infrastructure, data center hosting, end-user operations support for hardware and software (including multiple Electronic Medical Records systems), data design, SQL work, a custom line of business applications, IT consulting and project management.